The Time Nyack Hotel: Truly an Experience
This is one of those posts that writes itself. The pictures will tell it, thankfully because there are no words to describe The Time Nyack Hotel, that opened up last week in Nyack. A historic brick building, that used to be a factory is now home to the first hotel of this type in the Hudson Valley. It’s chic, sophisticated and luxurious.
Check out the photos taken on Wednesday when Shawna and I toured the property and had lunch with Christine Zipparo, the hotel’s Director of Sales, also a Westchesterite. Lunch, btw was at BV’s Grill by Bobby Vans. Yes, of Manhattan and Hamptons Bobby Van’s Steakhouse fame. Absolutely incredible.
This photo was taken poolside, right off the restaurant. There is plenty of outdoor seating, a beautiful bar and relaxing pool area with beautiful chaise lounge chairbeds and umbrellas.
The lobby is decorated beautifully. Eclectic furnishings with a variety of area rugs, armchairs and light fixtures. It’s urban-style reminds me of what you’d find in Miami Beach or in the trendiest NYC locations.
A nice range of wine and champagne choices presented beautifully upon entering the restaurant. It was lunchtime, so I didn’t partake, but I hope to visit again and enjoy a cocktail outside this summer.
Loved this beautiful entrance to the lobby from outside. You’d never guess it was so close to the highway. They’ve installed sound barriers to handle the noise and they really work! Similarly, the guest rooms have a frosted window for each guests privacy.
What makes it different is that it’s all about the details. Instead of writing them all out, I will list them:
- 133 modern loft style rooms with high ceilings, some with balconies
- Frette linens, turndown service and Bigelow bath amenities
- 24 hour fitness center, local courtesy shuttle, bike rentals
- BV’s Grill, lobby lounge bar, meeting/events space, rooftop bar and lounge, in-room dining
- Complimentary wifi, Smart TVs, safe, refrigerator and Keurig Coffeemakers
It’s like nothing else in the area. Sure, Westchester has a variety of hotels to choose from. But the price point, for the level or service almost doesn’t make sense. Starting at $199, it’s a no-brainer. The hotel will shuttle you to a nearby spa, to shop at the Palisades Mall or to the Shops at Nanuet in their shuttle, a Mercedes Sprinter. There’s a Tesla charging station on site. It’s all about luxury and service at The Time Nyack. Your experience will be wonderful, the service will be incredible and the amenities will be top-notch.
As a local Westchester resident, I am thinking of how I can (and will) make sure of The Time Nyack.
1. I will absolutely visit the restaurant. Many times, my husband and I meet friends who live outside of Westchester mid-way for dinner. This is a great dining option. I’ve traveled to Ruth Chris for a nice dinner experience, I will happily cross the bridge for a nice dinner.
2. Staycation. My husband and I often spend an overnight in the city and can have the exact same experience at The Time Nyack for half the price. Last weekend we stayed at the Conrad Hotel in Battery Park City and while very beautiful, it was an expensive overnight. The Time offers the amenities, exercise, meals for a lot less. (No giant parking garage fee upon check out either!)
3. Sunday Jazz Brunch. Yes. That’s coming soon. So very NYC. So millennial, I know, but it’s in!
4. When hosting out of town guests, even just for overnight. It’s not midtown Manhattan and it’s not cheesy suburban. I’ll never forget when a relative came into town for a funeral and used the “find the nearest hotel” feature and had their car stolen from the parking lot at the hotel that they blindly selected, or let the internet select for them! Or the time we hosted a 5 year anniversary party at our house and some of my husband’s work friends from the city selected “some nearby options” and had a terrible experience. (Not naming any names of course.) I felt like they thought Westchester was a horrible place and questioned why we lived here!
Above: My Instagram pic and Facebook post got a lot of love this week. ♥
You can find out more about The Time Nyack by following this website:
Better yet, go see it for yourself. You won’t believe this is located right here, just across the bridge from Westchester.
Time Nyack- 400 High Street, Nyack, NY 10960. 845-675-8700