Social Anxiety Group for Teens and Young Adults
2020 has been very difficult for kids. They have had to remain socially distanced from their friends, teachers, sports teams, and even family. Adolescents and Young Adults are missing out on some of the most memorable times of their lives and feeling disconnected. This disconnect often causes loneliness and anxiety the longer it continues. It also causes anxiety as they anticipate seeing friends again.
Cognitive and Behavioral Consultants (CBC), a leading Westchester and Manhattan-based clinical and wellness center is offering a spring social anxiety group for teens and young adults virtually, through HIPAA compliant telehealth platforms.
CBC’s Social Anxiety Group is designed to help Adolescents and Young Adults boost their confidence and reduce anxiety in social and public situations. CBC will be running two groups, one for High School students ages 13-18 years (5:00pm-6:30 pm), and one for Young Adults ages 18-26 years (1:30 pm-3:00 pm). Both groups meet weekly on Wednesdays for 12 weeks starting February 24th.
Adolescents and Young adults will benefit from this program if they are experiencing:
- Worry about what others are thinking of them
- Avoidance of social situations
- Loneliness and feeling disconnected from peers
CBC’s Social Anxiety Group is designed to help Adolescents and Young Adults boost their comfort, confidence, competence, and reduce anxiety in social and public situations.
In this group, participants will learn how to:
- Reduce anxiety in social settings through practice and real-life activities
- Develop strategies for challenging “worry thoughts” experienced in social situations
- Enhance their conversational skills including starting, maintaining and ending conversations
- Practice assertiveness skills and learn to say no effectively
To register or receive more information, please visit:
or call Dr. Greenberg at 914-385-1150 (option 1)
or email email@example.com