Why I Love Taylor Swift
I absolutely love Taylor Swift. I have also loved Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez over the years, mainly because I think they are positive females for the most part. None have had perfect lives; some have had mental health issues and/or addiction issues. They have all had relationship troubles with regular guys as well as their celebrity guys. I like that they are talented and that we’re watching them grow up before our eyes, using their stories to help our kids as they go through these tween and teen years. I don’t remember this during my teenage years….we had Madonna, Whitney Houston and maybe Britney after that…?
Some good reading material below will explain my reasons to love Taylor, with links to give more detail.
- She is close with her mom. Her song The Best Day was written for her. https://tasteofcountry.com/taylor-swift-mom-the-best-day/
- She is re-recording her music because of ownership issues. https://www.today.com/popculture/taylor-swift-shares-rare-family-photos-mom-andrea-t214527
- Her songs have so much meaning. Maybe too much! There are so many fans (called Swifties) who theorize who the songs are about, what event in her life prompted it and there are discussion groups analyzing her lyrics. Only Taylor really knows, but I remember seeing her on the Katie Couric show in 2013 and loving her honesty about her songs. This video is SO worth the watch! Young Taylor, innocently and honestly explaining that her life experiences give her inspiration for her songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6r-HsdmKdA
- I have not yet watched the documentary Miss Americana yet…. but this article is something I will save for after seeing in, just in case there are spoilers. If you’ve watched it, you might like reading this: https://www.vulture.com/2020/01/taylor-swift-netflix-documentary-miss-americana.html
- I love her dating history. I had this shirt made on Etsy….. https://www.etsy.com/shop/PinkLemonMadeCo
- Taylor Podcasts. Yes, they are a thing and there are so many. I don’t know where to even begin with these. https://player.fm/podcasts/Taylor-Swift
- This site is one of the many sites that claim to explain Taylor’s lyrics. You can google any song with the word “meaning” and find numerous explanations like this: https://www.spin.com/featured/taylor-swift-songs-explanation-guide
- This article is from Girls Life….31 Reasons Why We Love Taylor Swift….https://www.girlslife.com/trending/celebs/37893/31-reasons-why-we-love-taylor-swift
Because I love lists, I am listing my top 10 favorites below. They are in no specific order and they are from all different albums. These songs are not her top hits, but some great ones that I play regularly. I made a spotify playlist that I can share if anyone wants it! Starring my super faves!!
- treacherous *
- long live
- sparks fly *
- champagne problems
- the moment i knew (apparently about being stood up by Jake Gyllenhaal on her 21st birthday!)
- exile *
- innocent (inspired and performed after the VMA incident with Kanye West)
- superman *
- the lucky one *
I can never stick to my top 10’s, so there are my top 12! Give them a listen. 🙂