Top 10 for Summer 2021
- Westchester blogger and friend Shey posted 10 Waterfront Restaurants in Westchester this week. http://www.glambyshey.com/10-waterfront-restaurants-in-westchester/
- New Ice Cream Shop in White Plains: https://www.instagram.com/icecreamsocialwp/
- Random tidbit and Westchester Foodie news: Did you know that Walter’s Hot Dogs products are now being sold in DeCicco’s Stores? I read about it on Westchester Foodies (FB group) and when I googled it to find more info, I found out about this collab resulting in a marriage! https://westchestermagazine.com/life-style/weddings/deciccos-walters-hot-dogs-wedding/
- If I venture over the Tappan Zee Bridge this summer, it’s going to be to Woolworth Nyack. Yes, it’s in a Woolworth building. https://www.thewoolworthnyack.com/
- This is a shop but you can eat and drink in it– and get your hair done! It’s like a reverse speakeasy. In the front, it’s a cute little cafe, where you can grab anything from a cappuccino to a martini. In the back, it’s a full-service salon and spa. It’s the first salon of its kind in Westchester. It’s called the Hair Saloon and Cafe and it’s minutes from the Scarsdale Train Station. You can book appointments online and even get your hair cut and colored outdoors. Make sure to follow their Tuesday Hair Hacks on Instagram.
- Paint and Prosecco. July 22-23 in White Plains. It’s kind of eat, shop and play all in one. For kids, it’s paint- your-own-tumbler. Great birthday outing for a group of kids. Follow https://www.instagram.com/22katkrafts/
- Summer Book Suggestion. I might check out this very popular new release. Perfect timing with everyone getting dogs in the past year or so. It’s called Barking at the Moon and seems like a light and easy read for summer.
- I love e-bikes! I’m glad to see them in NYC; Now we just need them in Westchester. Here are a bunch of tours if you want to give it a try this summer. https://www.nycadventurebiketours.com/ or follow along on IG.
- Top 16 Waterfront Parks to Visit. I was shocked that Governors Island did not make the list. The best place to ride a bike in all of NYC– no cars, just a ferry ride over to the most peaceful place to ride bikes with kids. Here’s a good list: https://bit.ly/2TLt7gC
- Dine and Sail. Great Food and Great Boating. http://www.dineandsail.com/